Friday, December 4, 2009

Thankful for precious blessings.

We are truly rejoicing!!  The results of the amniocentesis procedure I had almost two weeks ago revealed a healthy and normally developing baby girl...Praise God!  These past weeks waiting for the results have been agonizing, and we couldn't have made it without the love, support, and encouragement of our dear friends and family.

Thank you so much to those of you who were so willing to lift us up in prayer and offered words of wisdom and strength, especially throughout this difficult time.  We are eternally grateful for the prayers that were said on behalf of our baby girl...thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


The doctors were also able to give us the 100% confirmation that our baby really is a girl. :)  By doing the amniocentesis, they could actually map the baby's chromosomes, and sure enough...they saw two XX's there!

We've decided to name our baby girl Celeste, which means "Heavenly", as she truly is a miracle and a precious gift.  We haven't officially decided on a middle name though....any suggestions?

Thank you again for all the love and prayers, we are overwhelmed with gratitude. 

These are Celeste's latest ultrasound pics! :)

"He said to me, 'My gracious favor is all you need.  My power works best in your weakness.'  So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.  Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Heidi is a really great name. :) In all seriousness though, maybe make her middle name after someone very special to you or someone who has been there for you through these tough times and is there for you throughout your pregnancy. Addie's middle name is June after Jimmy's grandmother who neither of us had every met but it was a tribute as she passed away when my father-in-law was 19.

Janet said...

Hi Crystal,

A beautiful French name needs a beautiful middle name. My mother's was Simone which I just loved. Her first name was Violette. If we'd had a baby girl her name was going to be Lauren Simone. So happy for you!!